Monday, December 7, 2009

it's freeeezing here


Ok, I know that as a native Minnesotan, I am not supposed to complain about the weather. But three years in Manhattan, where the combination of population density and pollution prevents snow from sticking for more than four hours, have left me totally soft and unprepared for the vicious reality that is Minnesota winter.

We're set to get our first big winter storm this week, and it's supposed to be 2 below on Friday. Not below freezing - below ZERO. So I'm planning on spending most of this week and weekend heating up in the kitchen, hanging out by the warm oven and getting a bunch of my holiday baking done.

On the agenda so far: family classic Russian Teacakes, Peanut Blossoms, Scandinavian spritz cookies, and a brand new chocolate gingerbread cookie recipe from the geniuses at Baked, one of my favorite bakeries of all time.

What are you making for the holidays? And what else should I make? If you've been good this year, I might take requests ;)

2 comments:

  1. Liz, thank you for posting the link to the chocolate gingerbread cookies. Those sound great--I think I'm going to try them too, for my family's xmas party (fingers crossed that my baking won't be as much of a disaster as last year!) You're always full of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i demand more posts! forget those grad school applications, i want descriptions of yummy things!

    ReplyDelete